Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Welcome fall!

The weather has been beautiful lately! I spent last weekend at Mom and Me with Youngest Son. We slept in hammock tents and had a blast. It was WAY easier than setting up a full tent. I may never go back to a regular tent again.

Did you know you can start a fire with steel wool and a 9-volt battery? I heard about that last week, so of course we had to try it out at camp. It was totally cool. We also used a magnesium fire starter and steel file. Yeah, I'm a bit of a pyro. :) But that's what we do in Scouts -- tie things up and set it on fire.

I'm going back to camp this weekend to work staff. It should be loads of fun as well. Hopefully I'll have lots of fun stories to share next week. Check back!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hammock tent... you have still got to show me that one... give me a trailer any day... With all that you are learning, you'll be ready for Survivor by next season!!! Have a great weekend & have fun...